Wednesday, March 25, 2015

35. Enter Through the Gift Shop

This movie really pissed me off. I think the main character, Theirry was unbelievably impulsive, immature, irrational, and basically a mooch.  I think it is unfair that he calls himself a film maker and an artist when in reality he is neither of those things.  I think he took ideas from everyone he was supposed to help, but didn't and used their ideas to spark his own.  I don't think he is capable of actually making the art himself which makes me really mad because the whole point of being an artist is designing and making the art yourself.  Although he does have good ideas, I think his inspiration is too similar to other artists and that he basically copied other ideas and put a little of his spark into it.  I wouldn't be as annoyed with him if he was making the art himself, because all the other artists in the film create, design and put on paper their designs, they don't have people do it for them.  I think he got lucky with his opening show but I don't think he deserves the amount of credit he got.

No comments:

Post a Comment