Sunday, March 22, 2015

34. Improv Discussion

The main thing I took out of the improv groups from Friday is that creativity, although often very frustrating, is actually fun and exciting.  It made me realize that there are so many different ways to be creative and spark creative thoughts and improv is definitely one of them.  I have never been a big fan of improv, but I did find the class particularly entertaining, so it has opened my eyes to trying new things.  Which also led me to thinking that creativity is about going outside of your comfort zone, trying new things is a great way to start new creative tracks for your work and ideas.  The improv groups really showed me that I need to loosen up in order to let my creative thoughts flow freely because if I am tense or worried about judgment then I will always have difficulty opening up my ideas because I will be concerned about what other people think.  Improv is the definition of not caring what people think, you get to make a fool of yourself and even if you're nervous or embarrassed people usually laugh or at least appreciate your efforts.  This is a really cool way to think about creativity and it makes me excited to start new projects and try new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment