Sunday, April 26, 2015

43. Found some beauty in Nola

To be completely honest, in the 2 times I have been to New Orleans I have only stayed within the confines of Bourbon street and a few moments by Tulane campus.  The campus is actually very pretty, but obviously Bourbon street is not.

It is grimy and smells bad ... and when it really comes down to it, its not a very visually appealing place.  But, wandering around today with the few hours we had before our flight we stumbled into a little garden type thing.  I'm not sure what it was, but it is clearly a destination to visit because there were a lot of other people strolling through has well.

It was unbelievably beautiful and peaceful and I did not feel like I was in New Orleans at all anymore.  It was serene and quant, and is definitely a place to visit as well.  It allows for some peace within the hectic city of New Orleans, especially Bourbon street.

No comments:

Post a Comment