Friday, April 17, 2015

38. Advertising Application

Nothing has made me stress more this year than trying to make a damn video about how I'm creative for my application to the advertising department.  I came up with 4 million ideas and could not decide on any of them or didn't think they were good enough.  On top of not being able to think of an idea for the video, I couldn't even figure out what I wanted to say in the video.

Like I've said in the past, I am not the best at sharing my thoughts with other people...especially when they are about myself.  I for the life of me could not put into words how I am creative.  Now, the problem wasn't that I'm in fact, not creative ... rather that I couldn't dig deep enough into myself to figure out how to express it.  After 4 days of brainstorming ideas I finally came up with what I wanted to say.

Then I had to figure out how to show it in the video...also a problem considering I've only had to make one other video in my life, and that was for this class.  I have no experience with filming or video editing, so naturally my video isn't going to be as good as someone who is an expert in this field...so I had that stressing me out too.

Finally I just started filming and linking things together.  And eventually had a video that met the criteria.  After 2 more days of editing I got it just how I wanted.  And naturally, right before I went to submit it, I decided I hated it.  But, I had no time at this point to do anything about it.  So I just had to accept what I had made and trust that the hard work I put in will pay off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSdBUQQASTw&feature=youtu.be


No comments:

Post a Comment